Team CSC
Team CSC
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Team CSC
 Tour de France 2004
 TTT

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format:

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CSC FAN Posted - 10/04/2004 : 20:23:12
CSC have the best team in the TTT in my appinion. The team have won TT in 4 etape races. 3 Different riders have won. The TTT is very important in the overall standing. Especially for a rider like Basso. Basso can follow almost anybody in the mountains but he is not a great attacker, unlike riders like Mayo and Vinokourov. Therefore it is very important that the TT goes well. Already at this point it is obvius that he has improved compared to last year and with those helpers. At this point my expectations are just getting higher and higher. He might get on the podium. I think he can beat Mayo, Hamilton and Zubeldia, but Heras is gonna be hard to beat.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SalsaDorr Posted - 30/05/2004 : 15:44:21
Fukk the stupid ruls!!
Ist about winning. And that's what CSC MUST do
There are so many good riders on CSC. And at least 4 off them have a chans to end top 15.

Therefore it is very important that the TTT goes well. It will help for the Team-competition, the overalltime of the GC, and it is a stage win that has high status as "who is the best team". And that MUST be CSC- in our harts. I hope, and belive that CSC can beat USP. Please Bjarne Riis, say that the team are maximum prepared fore TTT in this TdF. Its not only to be fit. Perfect technical teamworking skils is the key. Like one unit, not 9 men!

Oh, may God, how strong i wish CSC gets 1st on the TTT.
And, i strongly belive that Basso can get top 3 overale if a good TTT. If some one is to get him there, its Bjarne Riis and team CSC!!!
yellowknife fan Posted - 12/04/2004 : 17:07:16
the TTT have been very important the last years. Too bad it's gonna change. Anbody know where I can read an article about the decision of changing it?

CSC rules
Morten Riis Posted - 12/04/2004 : 00:21:01
yes so drop that rule please!

csc owns !!
n/a Posted - 11/04/2004 : 23:57:15
And it would add alot to the race if riders like Mayo, Zubeldia and Hamilton had lost 3 min or more, then they would have to attack in the mountains and that is what makes the fun...

CSC rocks my world!!!
lennert Posted - 11/04/2004 : 23:04:13
yea the rule is stupid,because some teams will be happy with only have lost 1.5 minutes on the first team ,so that means that a team may have 7 minutes behind the first one and only have 1.5 minute ,it's just not fair,some teams can just spare them and won't ride full a the TTT

Csc for number 1 in the world!!!

Winner of Paris-nice..!
Culkasi Posted - 11/04/2004 : 20:59:43
I agree - the rule is stupid - if You have a team of 100% tempo riders it can't be good in the mountains, and vise versa - so, the perfect team balance is what You need to win TDF - stupid rule, favors the pure mountain teams/riders

Culkasi
Morten Riis Posted - 11/04/2004 : 20:51:57
swede thats is calling to have a good team if armstron leads with many minuets... thats a stupid rule!!

csc owns !!
CSC FAN Posted - 11/04/2004 : 19:17:44
they already have a 60 km ITT. It is the stage before champs elyse(can't spell it). That stage will be very important for the race. Not too good for basso and sastre. I think it is good with the TTT. Some teams just have to realize that they need to practice it more. I think euskaltel will be better this. Be sure that they are gonna practice it. they will race hard for minimizing their loss. Mayo and Zubeldia are not gonna give away 2m 30s without fighting. After the TDF last year they made a calculation that said that mayo would have won if the TT's where excluded. He was the best mountain rider
sevensat Posted - 11/04/2004 : 19:15:30
Why not do instead a shorter TTT, because I think also this rule is stupid. You won't limit the time loose at the top of a mountain just to let less good climber win!
Swede Posted - 11/04/2004 : 19:09:05
Call the rule stupid but I think it is better for the race. Who will see race where Armstrong is leading with several minutes before the mountains take place??

I think the best for TDF should be to take away the TTT and only has one long ITT over 60-70km.
Colorado Fan Posted - 11/04/2004 : 18:45:23
Punctures are part of any stage. I don't see why you should be protected from time loss any any stage for any reason. I know that there is only 1 winner of any race, but we all know that it is the team that makes that racer WIN! Limiting time loss sucks, it allows for teams to take a day off which isn't what racing should be.

Bobby Julich-Comeback rider of the year
CSC FAN Posted - 11/04/2004 : 18:44:22
quote:
Originally posted by Swede

Let say that a rider like B. Jullich or J. Voigt punctures in the race then CSC is more or less off the race. Because CSC will certainly loose time to USPS and T-Mobile, if riders like Voigt and Jullich has technical problems it will cost many seconds because Sastre, Basso, Luttenberger and let say Nicky Sorensen are not TT-riders to rely on.

I hope you get my point of view here!!

we have Jakche, voigt, julich and maybe blaudzun who are all good TT riders.

I think that rule sounds stupid. 2m 30s is a lot of time though. LST being maybe the best TTT team. Heras is gonna beat Mayo. Anybody else having an appinion on this?
Morten Riis Posted - 11/04/2004 : 18:38:51
sewdw mayo zubeldia lost 3.30 last year do you think thay have improvede over 1min.... no so think it over again!!!!

csc owns !!
Swede Posted - 11/04/2004 : 18:13:49
I don't think Mayo, Zubeldia gives 2 minutes away for free and they certainly will go as fast as they can in the TTT do keep the damage as low as possible.

Let say that a rider like B. Jullich or J. Voigt punctures in the race then CSC is more or less off the race. Because CSC will certainly loose time to USPS and T-Mobile, if riders like Voigt and Jullich has technical problems it will cost many seconds because Sastre, Basso, Luttenberger and let say Nicky Sorensen are not TT-riders to rely on.

I hope you get my point of view here!!
Colorado Fan Posted - 11/04/2004 : 15:20:57
I agree Morten. Limiting the time loss is very bad for the race. Maybe shortening the TTT would make more sense.

Bobby Julich-Comeback rider of the year

Team CSC © 2000-04 Riis Cycling Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000